Can’t keep my hands out the cookie jar…
I remember when I was little and the highlight of my week would be Sunday mornings, when my sister and I would go to my parents room and enjoy tea and biscuits before breakfast. And the famous Fox’s biscuit tin that my mum would buy in late October/early November and make me wait until Christmas Eve to open. It was torture; I could hear the chocolate shortcake calling.
I highly recommend serving these vegan vanilla marble cookies with a cup of tea, and sharing with family and friends.
Alternatively you could dip them in a glass of chocolate milk, and keep them all to yourself. 😏
makes approx 6
½ cup almond flour/meal
½ cup gf oat flour*
1/3 – ½ cup coconut sugar (depending on our sweet tooth)
2-4 tbsp nut milk **
2 tbsp coconut oil
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
Pinch cinnamon (optional, balances blood sugar levels)
1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
*ground porridge oats, or if you’re lazy like me, you can just add the oats whole.
**you need enough milk to create a moist mixture, too dry and it’ll be crumbly, too wet and it’ll be a sticky mess.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Add all the dry ingredients EXCEPT THE CACAO to a bowl and combine.
- Melt the coconut oil and add all the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well.
- Spoon one half of the mixture into a separate bowl. Add the cacao* powder to one half and mix. *As cacao is bitter, you may want to add a little more sugar.
- Add the vanilla half to the chocolate half and lightly mix so they’re NOT fully combined but sort ‘marbled’.
- Bake 180°C for 10 minutes until golden.
Love you guys, you’re the [nut] milk to my cookies x 🥛🍪