Do you know, I have never made a gingerbread house! But I have made gingerbread bliss balls and they’re delicious!!! They would make a great Christmas Eve snack to nibble on whilst you sip hot chocolate or mulled wine, or a sweet homemade stocking filler if you wrap them in tissue paper and place them in a cute little box.
Alternatively, you could be a Grinch and shun the whole sharing spirit of Christmas by keeping them all to yourself.
Although, I would never encourage such behaviour or sneak extra chocolates when no-one is looking…honest.😳
I’m always making bliss balls so that I have something to grab and snack on when I am a little peckish or craving something sweet but still wholesome. I also love that there is no end to the flavours you could create: chocolate brownie, lemon and baobab, salted caramel, berry and coconut or gingerbread.
In these bliss balls I’ve used some of my favourite ingredients:
- EASY TO DIGEST
- high in FIBRE (acts as natural colon cleanser)
- FILLING and highly NUTRITIOUS: vitamin B1, B5, B6 & B3, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, folate, calcium and potassium
- ANTI-MICROBIAL (contains phytochemicals that suppress bad bacteria in the gut)
- ANTI-OXIDANT (rich in vitamins C)
- NUTRITIOUS: vitamin B complex, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc, magnesium & manganese
- PROMOTES CIRCULATION
- ALLEVIATES NAUSEA
👉Click here to discover more of the amazing benefits of ginger by The Happy Happy Vegan, plus some delicious ginger recipes.
- magnesium & phytonutrients for HEART HEALTH
- MOOD BOOSTING phytonutrients
- Iron for HEALTHY BLOOD
- ANTI-OXIDANT to fight ageing free radicals
10 soaked deglect nour dates* or 5-6 soaked medjool
½ cup gluten free oats
¼ cup nuts (almonds/pecans/walnuts)
1 ½ tbsp cacao powder
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
¼ tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
Juice of ½ an orange
Zest of half an orange
Desiccated coconut for rolling**
*deglect nour dates are smaller and cheaper than medjool dates, they’re sticky and have a honey like taste making them perfect for desserts and bliss balls.
**I ran out of desiccated coconut so ground up some coconut chips which didn’t work as well. You could roll them in cacao, ginger, cinnamon or coconut sugar.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until it comes together as a ball.
- Take a generous table spoon amount and roll into a ball using the palm of your hands. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Coat the gingerbread bliss balls in desiccated coconut.
- OPTIONAL: sprinkle with ginger, orange zest & coconut sugar.
Want more festive treats?