This blissful weather we have been having in the UK has got me wanting all the smoothies, nice creams and fresh fruit. I live for summer; the sunshine, blue skies, berries and good spirits everyone seems to be in.
A few weeks ago, when it was literally 10 °C, I was worried we’d have no summer. Thank God the weather has now perked up and is a much more summery 28 °C. [Side note: how British do I sound right now talking about the weather?]
Let’s move on to more important matters…FOOD.
Summer is berry season in the UK and I was soooo excited, like weirdly excited, to go to a field, grab a tub and pick wild, fresh, juicy berries.
Whilst the rest of family enjoyed them with ice cream and double cream, I whipped up a little treat of my own. Just because I am dairy, gluten and refined food free, doesn’t mean I have to miss out. I NEVER deny myself anything. I regularly enjoy nice cream, homemade pizza, veggie burgers, pasta, cakes, cookies and chocolate everything!
Please don’t think that being healthy means missing out, it absolutely does not 🙅. It’s simply a case of adjusting ingredients, swapping a few things and finding what ignites YOUR taste buds and makes YOU happy.
3 frozen bananas
2 tsp maca powder
2 tsp lucuma
¼ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
Pinch cinnamon (to balance blood sugar levels)
¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
1 heaped tbsp cacao powder
Chocolate biss ball
Chocolate bliss ball
- Put all the ingredients (except the cacao) in a blender. Blend until smooth like whipped ice cream.
- Pour ½ the mixture into the jars (1/4 in each jar). Put the jars in the freezer lying on their side to allow the nice cream to set.
- Whilst the caramel side sets, add the cacao powder to the left over mixture and blend.
- Store the mixture in the fridge whilst the caramel layer is setting.
- A hour or so later the salted caramel side should be set. Take it out of the freezer and spoon the chocolate nice cream mixture into the other side of the jar.
- Return the jars to the freezer lying on the side with the chocolate mix.
- Allow to set for another hour or so.
- Once it’s set, allow it to soften a little at room temperature whilst you prep your toppings.
- Add your desired toppings. Grab a spoon and enjoy.
I’m honestly so happy about the summery weather and chance to eat these outside, I scream. x