It’s pumpkin season and almost Halloween which means pumpkins are EVERYWHERE. Although my Halloween will most likely be spent at home in my pjs, I shall still partake in the purchasing of a pumpkin…to eat, not carve.
I have never actually had ‘tater tots’ (but I did enjoy a smiley potato faces as a kid) and there was no way I was deep frying some potato covered in a bunch of corn flour so instead I healthified them, Elle style.
Here you have it; my healthy pumpkin and cinnamon version of ‘tater tots’.
These crispy nuggets are made with just 3 main ingredients and are vegan, paleo and IBS friendly, making them an ideal appetizer for Halloween party guests or for eating in your pjs at home.
Super easy to make and versatile to eat; these tots can be enjoyed hot or cold, here are a few serving ideas:
- Tomato sauce
- Steamed greens & salmon
- Chickpea curry
Seriously these guys are #squashgoals 🎃🍠🎃
1 ½ cups pumpkin/butternut squash/sweet potato
½ tsp cinnamon
Pinch Himalayan salt
Pinch black pepper
Almond meal for coating
Coconut oil for the pan
- Peel, cube & boil the pumpkin until soft.
- Drain & mash.
- Add cinnamon, salt & pepper. Mix.
- Allow to cool a little before forming little balls or barrels.
- Coat the tots in almond meal.
- Heat a pan on high/med heat and add a little coconut oil. Once hot, add the tots.
- Pan fry until coloured (about 2 mins), then turn and repeat on the other side. Whilst they’re getting a tan, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 mins.
- Enjoy x
Have a gourd day, and remember to ignore the taters cus taters gonna tate. 😉 x