I believe the key to eating healthy (and sticking to it) is to replace all your favourite foods with healthy alternatives. There’s no point restricting your foods or banning yourself from treats because that’s not sustainable. I mean, imagine a life without chocolate brownies or pizza!
When I was a kid, I was OBSESSED with ‘Rrice Krispies’ and ‘Coco Pops‘. And by obsessed, I mean:
🥣 eating them every day for breakfast
🍫 devouring extra chocolatey bars of them for school break snacks
👐 snacking on handfuls straight from the box
What can I say; I have always been, and will always be, a chocolate fiend.
Now my eating habits have somewhat evolved. I try to focus on eating wholefoods that provide my body with nourishing ingredients rather than just a bunch of sugar (but I still eat chocolate pretty much every day).
These chocolate orange coco pops are sooo much better than the original:
✔️ Naturally gluten free
✔️ Low sugar
¾ cup puffed brown rice
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
Zest of ½ an orange
- Preheat your oven to 160°c
- Melt the coconut oil (low heat in a pan/30 secs in a microwave) and add to a bowl
- Add the cacao and maple to the oil and mix until smooth
- Resist the urge to eat the chocolate, and add the puffed rice
- Mix until all the rice puffs are coated in chocolate
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes
- Enjoy with nut milk & fresh fruit
These guys are best eaten within a week and stored in an airtight container.
I ce-really hope you enjoy them x