DF GF VG V P
I have already spoken about the amazing benefits of turmeric in meals but did you know you could drink the super spice too?
Turmeric is having quite the moment in the health world and it’s easy to see why. It is great for:
- Skin: anti-inflammatory, soothing irritation & redness
- Brain: protects against Alzheimer’s disease, aids the process of stem cell healing
- Mood: compound curcumin is a natural anti-depressive
- Heart: lowers LDL cholesterol (bad) & increases HDL cholesterol (good) reducing risk of heart attack & stroke
- Muscles: anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin relieves aching muscles & joints
- Gut: anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial & anti-parasitic, relieves symptoms of IBS & Crohn’s
- Immune system: high in anti oxidants & anti-cancerous; inhibiting cancerous cell growth
- Pre-diabetics: lowers blood sugar levels, delaying onset of type 2 diabetes
Named ‘golden milk’, this vibrant creamy latte is not just for the hipsters in London cafes; you can easily make this super health tonic at home.
½-1 tsp turmeric*
¼ tsp cinnamon + extra for dusting
Generous pinch ginger
Generous pinch nutmeg
1 tsp honey/syrup/vanilla
1 tsp coconut oil (makes it creamier & more filling)
½ cup almond milk (or milk or your choice)
½ cup hot water*
*turmeric has a distinct taste so if you’re not used to it just do ½ tsp
*or 1 cup milk and heat in a pan
*feel free to adjust the spice quantities; if you prefer nutmeg to cinnamon, add more nutmeg & use less cinnamon etc
Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
Pour into your mug and enjoy!
Or if you’re doing the pan method, heat on a medium heat until simmering then pour and enjoy.
Give it a go and you’ll be glowing, inside and out. X