Datebomb, datebomb you’re gonna love these chocolate date bombs, and baby they’ll turn your taste buds on. 💣
How can I explain how utterly delicious the genius combination of gooey nut butter and chewy dates is?
Imagine a soft chewy caramel, filled with caramel sauce…
Ok, now imagine that caramel covered, nay SMOTHERED in chocolate.
If you’ve ever had a Rolo, it’s like a giant Rolo but made entirely from wholefoods just as Mother Nature intended.
Prepare your taste buds for an explosion of pure gooey goodness so exquisite and easy to make, it’s criminal. 💥👅🚔
Makes 6 bombs
For the date caramels
6 organic* medjool dates
Roughly 1 heaped tsp almond butter per date
Pinch sea salt
For the chocolate
2 tbsp cacao
1 ½ tbsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp maca powder (optional)
3 ½ tbsp water**
*Unlike a lot of standard dried fruit, organic versions don’t contain unnecessary preservatives that can irritate the gut
**You may need less or more depending on how thick/thin your chocolate mix ends up
Save your precious time and melt some raw dark chocolate
- Use a knife to gently cut the date length ways and remove the pit from the date
- Spoon nut butter into each date [then lick the spoon clean]
- Sprinkle a little salt onto the nut butter
- Close the date up, like a little treasure chest
- Make the chocolate mix. Add cacao, maca, cinnamon, salt and coconut sugar to a bowl and mix. Add the coconut oil and water.
- Dip each date in the chocolate mix and ensure they are well coated cus things are about to get nippy.
- Transfer the dates to a plate and pop them in the freezer for about half an hour to set.
- Store in the fridge and eat with a week.
Laters daters x