The other week my skin decided to spontaneously breakout and mean BREAKOUT! Overnight multiple red angry cysts had taken up residence on my face without my consent, I mean the bastards didn’t pay rent.
However, one thing I can thank them for is the creation of this beauty bomb smoothie, aptly named as boy does it pack a nutrient punch for you skin.
If you didn’t know, purple hues are the BEST for fighting ageing free radicals as they are packed full of antioxidants i.e. micro-nutrients your skin LOVES. Hence why açaí berries, powders and smoothie bowls are so popular. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know I’m very partial to one myself.
So, what other beautifying and skin clearing ingredients are in this smoothie?
- natural detoxifier
- improves liver function
- reduces inflammation
- vitamin C for reduced pigmentation
- full of antioxidants
- high in vitamin C which aids collagen production
- blueberries are vascular constrictors meaning they reduce redness
- rich in healthy omega 3 fatty acids
- aids wound healing
- antiaging antioxidants and phytochemicals
Coconut yogurt 🥥
- probiotics; a healthy gut = happy skin
- healthy fat for plump skin
- calcium for bone, tooth and organ health, including skin (your biggest organ)
- hydrated body = hydrated plump skin
- flushes out toxins
1 frozen banana
½ fresh/frozen beetroot*
½ cup frozen berries (blueberries/raspberries/strawberries)
½ tbsp flax seed
¼ tsp cinnamon
Heaped tbsp hemp protein
Big tbsp coconut yogurt*
Sprinkling of cacao nibs
*cook them and cool them first. Or buy pre-cooked vacuum-packed ones.
*use as much or as little liquid as you want, I think I used about ¾ cup for a thick spoonable consistency.
*I used coconut collaborative vanilla flavour.
- Blend the banana, beetroot, berries, flax, cinnamon, protein powder & water until smoothie & well combined.
- Pour into a glass or jar [I used an old peanut butter jar].
- Top with coconut yogurt & cacao nibs.
- Enjoy by spooning or sucking…through a reusable straw, obviously😜. Where was your mind at?
Love to you all, hope you have a berry good week x