This mix is just so tasty and moreish; you’ll find your hand constantly drawn to the jar. It’s so good I have had multiple requests to make batches for Christmas hampers and stockings. Even my dad, a man who hates cinnamon and has never been near a goji berry, has asked me to make him a jar.
Who doesn’t love a good fruit and nut mix? It’s perfect for topping smoothie bowls, sprinkling on nice cream and snacking on. However, not all mixes are created equal. Often shop bought versions contain sugar, salt or preservatives. Plus, they usually contain brazil nuts which I can’t eat.
This homemade version is super nutritious, super easy and super adaptable. Don’t like pecans? Try walnuts. Don’t have currants? Sub for raisins.
Side note, how pretty is this bowl I picked up in TkMaxx? It will definitely be featured at Christmas dinner. Perhaps with pan fried brussel sprouts, bacon and chestnuts. Anyway, back to the crunchy, sticky sweet nut mix.
¼ cup almonds (chopped in half)
¼ cup cashews (chopped in half)
¼ cup pecans (broken in half)
½ cup pistachios (deshelled & peeled to reveal their green hue)
2 tbsp goji berries
2 tbsp currants
2 tbsp cranberries
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon
Coconut oil for greasing baking tray
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line and grease a baking tray.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Toss to mix it all together.
- Scatter the fruit and nut mix onto the baking tray.
- Optional: drizzle a little extra honey over the mix & sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon.
- Bake for about 5 minutes. Reshuffle them and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and store in an airtight jar.
I’m not sure how long it’ll keep because it has always been devoured within a few days.
Enjoy and thanks for visiting my blog. I wish you nutting but happiness this Christmas x